Saturday, March 03, 2007

This is a copy of a painting I found in the VOLGA gallery. I love the painters there and I am learning SO much. They use paint so wonderfully...THIS IS NOT FOR SALE...as I copied it. I did it just because I loved the painting and wanted to see if I could learn something...and boy did I!!!



















After talking with a friend about subject matter...we came to the conclusion..that just like a writer, artists should paint what they know...just as writer's should write about what they know...
These days, all I seem to really know is SNOW. So I'm finding myself intrigued by it and wanting to translate it into pigment...no shoveling necessary...












Recent painting done during a very deep freeze. I tried to capture the clarity of the air since everything seemed to crystalize the minute the cold touched it...

No comments: